.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Teletran-1 : Captains Log Suplimental

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Berry Good Sauce?

I went to a conference in Seattle last week, the 54'th annual American Vaccume Society Symmposium. I drove down and on the way we stopped at Arby's for a tasty roast beef sandwich. I'm always a fan of their special sauces, all super tasty, but this time i get an extra sauce with my meal. One which left me a bit puzzled. I ordered their JalapeƱo Poppers and they come with a Bronco Berry dipping sauce. It has a very interesting flavor, sweet and spicy, a little berry like but not a berry flavor i have ever tasted. It made me wonder what a Bronco Berry was. I looked up the ingredients on the lid of the sauce packet and this is what I read.
  • Sugar
  • Water
  • High Fructose Corn Syrup (wow even more sugar)
  • Red bell peppers (hmm not a berry in it yet)
  • Distilled Vinegar
  • Modified Corn Starch
  • Jalapeno Peppers (must be where the spice comes from)
  • Dehydrated Onion
  • Xanthan Gum (had to look that up)
  • Spices
  • Salt
  • Sodium Benzoate (wasn't that a Frogert topping in the Simpson's)
  • Potassium sorbate
  • Citric Acid
  • Red #40 and Blue #1 (hmm must be where the berry flavor comes from)
You may have noticed that no berrys where harmed in the makeing of this Bronco Berry sauce. So from what I have determined Bronco means Not in some other language. I maybe thought that this was a mistake in their ingrediants list but for some odd reason the recipe is all over the net. Don't really know why it's not all that good anyway.

Ah the joys of fast food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home