.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Teletran-1 : Captains Log Suplimental

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Shields up, Weapons Online

My video card is back baby. My computers up and making a hell of a lot of noise, just the way i left it. Man that lap top was beginning to creep me out, It was just too quiet. My computer has 7 fans in it. And before you say that's impossible lest have a roll call. 4x80mm case fans, 1x120mm cpu fan, 1 vga cooler, 1 power supply fan. You get used to the noise.

I have tested running some 2d applications without fail. 3D didn't freeze up but I really haven't run it long enough to give it a good test. Video seems to be playing well. One problem I had was strange lines across my monitor when I first installed the card but i think I tracked it down to a bad DVI to VGA connector as they went away when I changed it. I'm hoping that was the problem anyway.

Finally a new weird al video.

3 Comments:

  • Sweet christ! Why do you have 4 case fans? Guess you won't be needing a space heater...

    By Blogger Derek, at 5:20 a.m.  

  • Well they came with the case. You want to keep good air flow. A fan in the front and back to circulate air through the case. A fan on the side to cool the motherboard and drop fresh air on the CPU fan. Ane one to keep the hard drive cool. Hmm you know I have a bunch of pictures from when I put together my new computer I should poast them.

    By Blogger Shawn Penson, at 10:50 a.m.  

  • And just on time for the LAN party too. Which was sweet by the way.

    My case seems to have 9 fans in it. I have a case fan and the fan for my northbridge on top of what you have. When my computer turn on it sound like a tie fighter just passed by :)

    By Blogger frank, at 9:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home