.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Teletran-1 : Captains Log Suplimental

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Video Game Blues

It's official I have Quit World of Warcraft, for the second time. And what has been chosen as it's replacement, none other than Civilization 4. But, before that one thing needs to be fixed, my video card. It has been a nagging problem for months but now I am finally feed up with it. The constant lock ups and hangings during any 3D game have gotten out of hand. Luckily EVGA has great customer support, well they had better considering the price I paid for that card. My RMA has been approved and the card will be shipped out tomorrow. I hope i'm not without a computer for too long.

In the mean time Derek has inspired me to create my own list of my favorite video games of all time. I have thought about it for a day or so now and I believe that it is going to be a difficult list to generate. I have played a lot of games in my life and narrowing it down to 10 is no easy task. It's important to look at how the game revolutionized what was available at the time. How well it was programed, the story, the game play the graphics (wrt what existed at the time). Then there is the problem with entire series. If i picked Individual games I could easily put 3 Final Fantasy titles on the list and every game blizzard has ever made. I think I will limit myself to my favorite game from each series. Which FF will make the cut I wonder. You may be surprised which games are on the list and which don't make the cut. But, you will have to wait for a week to find out.

But as a teaser here is my list of the top 5 worst games I have ever played.

5. Doom 3 (PC)
Ah the disapointment of playing this game has never gone away. I have never wanted a game to bee good as I did with Doom 3 and the pice of shit that was released. Dark, Bugggy, Uninspired, basicly a remake of halflife with better graphics. In fact graphics so good it would not run smoothly on any computer I saw it installed on. Even with all the video settings turned down.

4. Stealth (NES)

What can you say about this game, your a stealth fighter killing other planes, and more planes, and more planes, and more planes and more planes, and more planes, and more planes, and more planes, and more planes and more planes, and more planes, and more planes, and more planes, and more planes and more planes, and more planes. I never did figure out why I was killing all those planes

3. Revolution X (SNES)
The best quote I found on the web about this game was.

"This game is biblically horrific. You're overthrowing an oppressive world order. With Aerosmith. And music is your weapon. That scream of terror you just heard was probably you." --www.seanbaby.com


2. Rage of Mages (PC)

It's like Diablo if Blizzard had been a bunch or retarded drunks (not very PC but the game just sucks so much). The graphics where average for the time so why did my computer lag and hickup so much when playing this game. It is simpely the worst codeing I have ever seen in a game. The game requited 3 times the computer resources it sould have. the Story was barely exsistant, the combat dull and the spells not all that impersive. All the characters looked identical in multi player except for a different coloured aura around the feet.

1. Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor (PC)
I never though I would get tired or repetative hack and slash......I was wrong.

I recomend the PCgamer review Here as my complaining can not do it justice. The review in the magazine is better, If i remember correctly it had the line. "Normaly we allways try to finish a game before writing a review." Followed by a rant about his saved game being irreversably whiped out by a bug in the origional release. Did i mention the game was not installable with out a patch.

1 Comments:

  • Heh. Maybe I'll take a 'counter inspiration' and make a 'worst games of all times' list for myself.

    Good luck on your list. I can attest to the fact that it is a great way to create controversy :-)

    Incidentally, I'm back from Ireland and inevitably they'll be a post on the trip soon.

    By Blogger Derek, at 8:14 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home