.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Teletran-1 : Captains Log Suplimental

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Poor Bastard

Reliving the past can be fun and profitable. All over the Internet geeks are happily buying and selling their vintage Star Wars and Transformers action figures for ridiculous amounts of money. Just ask me or any other old time Nintendo player why you would buy the revolution (I will never call it Wii). The answer, because you will have access to every game Nintendo has ever made to download and play, for a fee of course. I have recently rediscovered the joy of holding a Nintendo controller in my hand thanks to my Geneva who has an almost mint condition Nintendo with Super Mario Brothers. I was surprised at how little time It too to re-accustom myself to the controls. I have that system so ingrained into my mind that it's almost an automatic reflex to jump the pole for 5000 points, (if you don't know what that means get out) even after all these years.

I check Craig's list every morning and I have found one poor unfortunate bastard who Is being forced to get rid of all his classic gaming systems. He seems to have everything including a Commodore 64 still in it's original box. Some of this stuff is priceless to the right people, anyone whose parents have sold away thier childhood for $5 in a Lawn Sale.

Here is the entry in the list with the link here.
I have a long list of video game systems and games I must sell no reasonable offers refused first come first serve.

Commodore 64 in the original box with cables and cover as well as monitor
note monitor is not in working condition

many Sega genesis systems and games including
several boxes in worn shape
sega activator in box
several games in boxes
sega 32x
sega cd
a few sega cd games
lots of controllers rf adaptors and power adaptors

nintendo's
super nintendo's
nintendo 64's
sega gamegear
nintendo gameboy's
sega master system
joysticks
atari
conic tvg-101
sega dreamcast
turbografx 16 in box
ther may be more frankly i've lost track of all the details


all of it has to go before the end of the week or my fiancee is going to kill me!
there are lots of games and accessories to many to list.

everything sold as is


It is going to take every fiber of self control in my being to stop myself from calling this guy. I was programming on my dad's commodore when is was still very young, can't remember how young but it was before grade 6 that i'm sure. As for the Nintendo stuff, ill just wait till the revolution comes out.

2 Comments:

  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:52 p.m.  

  • Well I can only surmise that those systems cannot be worth that much to him. That does not commute with the fact that he owns all of this pwnolicous hardware. Thus ... the guy needs develope the testicular fortitude to tell his future wife that those retro systems are part of who he is and thus she should love them just as well.

    That pooor poor man.

    By Blogger frank, at 11:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home