.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Teletran-1 : Captains Log Suplimental

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Back In Vancouver

Well I'm back in the big city. The vacation was nice, not entirely relaxing but nice. My friends wedding went off without a problem. The ceremony was very nice and more importantly not long and drawn out. Just the right length, 20 min. The reception was excellent, well any time I get to have prim rib i'm happy but this time was extra special. I got to hang around with my old friends for a while and came to realize just how much I miss everyone from back home. That was the initial reason for crating this blog, to stay in touch with people from back home. When i first created it you had to register to post comments and as a result i found out i have several people who read but don't comment because they think they can't.


Well you can so say something!


I arrived to find that my Ncsoft prize pack had finally arrived. Along with the games listed in the previous posting about the contest i also received an auto assault hat (black with red flames) and an auto assault car kit with a flash light, tire pressure gage and pen in it. I have listened to the Mutator CD. It pretty good, instrumental dance with tribal rythmes in it. I have also started up a guild wars character.


Guild wars is a fun game, it's not as expansive as most other MMO's and it does not have all the bells and Whistles like crafting but it is free so that makes up for it. Actually for an MMO with no subscription fee it is pretty impressive, kind of like a grander version of Diablo with lots of other people.


I am going to a conference in San Diego on the 18th. It is the Canadian American Mexican Graduate Conference (CAM). It is a conference for graduate students only. A place to meet students from all over north America and see what research is going on in different labs around the world. I am presenting a poster on my and some of my labs research in Oxides. This is mostly just preliminary findings and experimental methods, I don't have enough to present any major discoveries yet. I received a travel award from CAP (Canadian Assosication of Physicists) of $750 Canadian to pay for the trip so it is relay costing me very little. I am taking 2 days after the conference to travel and sight see, I am going to check out their world famous zoo on my last day. I haven't been to a zoo in many years.

2 Comments:

  • San Diego is awesome! You're going to have an excellent time!

    By Blogger carolynbee, at 7:41 p.m.  

  • Congrats on the travel award. I myself am currently in the sweet throes of a WoW addiction. Don't have a whole lot'o time to play, though. My Hunter is now Lv. 27...
    Done writing the draft of my thesis. Waiting for Jane and then I'm off to UK! Hope we'll get to see each other at some point. If business or pleasure takes you to the UK, you've got a place to stay...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home