.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Teletran-1 : Captains Log Suplimental

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Aussiemoot day 3

Don't have much time to post today. We are leaving for our expeditions in 10 min. I'm going to be doing 4 days of diving in the Sydney region an i'm pretty damn excited. Yesterday at 7 marked the end of our epic 21 hour new years celebration with western Canada. It started at 10 the previous night with Newzeland.

We also went to the beach yesterday. I thought i put on good amounts of sunscreen but the sun is something special here. I am burned in places I never thought I could be burned. You need to cover every exposed inch of skin in much the same way you would if you where in sudbury in the middle of winter where exposed flesh freezes in 15 seconds. The burns are pretty minor as i was still on the look out but one really painful one is under my chin. Do you have any idea what it's like to shave over a sunburn. I hope you never have to find out.

Got's to go. Shawn out

ps. my life for a coffee that's not Foldures instant poison. Seriously i don't think they know how to Brew coffee here.

4 Comments:

  • Even if you get some actual coffee grounds you're likely going to get bush coffee or Starbucks rather than something brewed properly. I'll see what I can do about that but I can't be held responsible for confiscation.

    Hmm Sydney has a Starbucks across from another Starbucks too. Will the madness ever end?

    Anyone have any good treatments for sunburns I can take along?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:50 p.m.  

  • Hey Shawn,

    Yeah, the sun is pretty special down there. I have no idea what to do for it other than don't get burnt ^_^

    By Blogger Carly, at 9:58 p.m.  

  • well the soloution to the coffee problem are these nifty little tea bags full of coffee. not as good as the real thing but close enough to statisfy the cravings.

    By Blogger Shawn Penson, at 4:43 a.m.  

  • O__O

    I totally forgot about those! I have to bring some back for my mom!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home