.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Teletran-1 : Captains Log Suplimental

Sunday, October 02, 2005

So Very Tired

I haven't had much of a chance to update my blog lately. Ive started classes again and I have been doing homework every free chance I can get. I'm only taking two courses but the workload is huge. I haven't had a chance to play guild wars in two weeks and It's been about the same amount of time since iv'e talk ed to family and friends for any length of time.

The course load is heavy but that is not all that is taking up my time. Ive started several other activities as well. First ive started playing hockey every Friday afternoon. The Physics and chemistry department have been playing for 25 years every Friday. Just a bunch of friends getting on the ice for an hour and playing around. It's a pretty easy game, non contact, and for all skill levels. I was a pretty good skater when I was younger and ive been playing street hockey for the past year so I am hoping the learning curve will be small. Ive already seen improvement after 3 games but ive got a long way to go.

Ive also started practicing Tai Chi again. I found a club here that supposedly teaches traditional Chen Style tai chi and the teacher looks pretty good and seems to really know what he is talking about. Im pretty excited, I miss training. I always find it difficult to motivat myself, i have always relyed on my frinds to get my to go to the gym or train. This time im trying to motivate my friend Frank into talking the class and it seems to have worked.

This weekend I participated UBC's annual Long boat races. I was on a team organized my a fellow Rover. We did very well, thanks partially to my expert steering. Well it was a little sloppy but really these canoes hold 10 people and steer like a barge not my nice small agile Scott Canoe. In our first race we missed getting into the semi-finals by 5 seconds, we where half a boat length away from the second place boat at the finish line. But we had a second shot with our next heat. If we won then we could get into the semi's. That race started out good but we where cut off on our first turn when the boat beside us decided to go straight through instead of taking the turn. It took us a while to get around them and we had a lot of time to make up. We managed to pass most of the other boats but we only made third in that race because of it. Oh well our times where very good and it was a tough heat. Our time coming in third was actually better then several of the first place teams in the other heats.

Any way ill try to update as often as possible but I can't guarantee ill be in constant contact for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home