.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Teletran-1 : Captains Log Suplimental

Monday, November 08, 2004

Some Odd Election Statistics Popping Up

Evidence Mounts That The Vote May Have Been Hacked
I may have been a little hasty in my previous poast about the intellagence of the american voter. Now i won't comment on the validity of this article but i shows some interesting statistics and raises a couple of very valid points. Read away and make your own opinion. I especially like the part that says
Bev pointed out that regardless of how votes were tabulated (other than hand counts, only done in odd places like small towns in Vermont), the real "counting" is done by computers. Be they Diebold Opti-Scan machines, which read paper ballots filled in by pencil or ink in the voter's hand, or the scanners that read punch cards, or the machines that simply record a touch of the screen, in all cases the final tally is sent to a "central tabulator" machine.

Now correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure Canadian ballots are all hand counted. I dont think i would trust my vote to a machine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home