.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Teletran-1 : Captains Log Suplimental

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

My Improved website

As you can see from my poasts lately, World of Wracraft has been taking up much of my time. In an attempt to get back to regular blogging hear is my latest poast.

I have been taking a web design class in an attempt to learn how to make my own beb site. The site which has been up for a while is still fairly rudimentary. I have been steadily adding new options in an attempt to improve it. The current design may not look to much different form the old one but there is a significant improvement, Now it uses a style sheet.

For those of you who dont know, Style sheets are a way to format your web pages appearance. In a seperate file you declare how you want the page to look. You set a common design for fonts, tables, titles margins ext so that every page you have looks the same without haveing to write detailed code for every page. If you want to change the text colour for the links in evey page of a website you simpley change one line in the style sheet instead of every link in every page. The html code now only contains the content of the page, no reference is made to formatting and appearance.

I am going to make a copy of my website without the inclusion of the style sheet so you can see what it does.

Here is my page to take a look

Next modification will be the addition of a photo album

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home